|Salary||£24,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are currently recruiting an experienced Patient Dining Catering Coordinator to support the Catering Manager in ensuring that continuous improvement is at the heart of all catering services. You’ll have a thorough understanding of the monitoring checklists, service specifications and performance standards required to assist with the day to day running of patient catering within the hospital.
Please note this role may include occasional weekend / evening work to meet business needs.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Work with the Patient Dining Manger to effectively manage the meal service at ward level
- Assist with the day to day operations in the diet bay, decanting bay, cystic fibrosis kitchen, opal house, stores, picking and packing and menus
- Assist with a full weekly stock take of all patient feeding stock and ensure it is carried out in line with the company trading weeks
- Support with ensuring patient menus are compiled efficiently and wastage and ordering are kept to a minimum
- Assist with effectively managing the patient menu system (Saffron) and ensure that all data is captured and information kept up to date
- Assist with all patient complaints and queries received from the wards
- Create positive working relationships with Trust, clients and staff
- Maintain staffing levels in line with service requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Attention to detail and adherence to standard
- Experienced leader who is effective in directing others
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- ISOH Working Safely and Level 2 Food Hygiene, or equivalent
- Experience working in Catering services, ideally with experience in Healthcare
- Experience of dealing with customers and handling complaints
- IOSH Managing Safely and Level 3 Food Hygiene certificates, or equivalent
- Knowledge of national patient feeding standards through Better Hospital Food and PLACE
- Experience of designing and implementing e-learning strategies
- Experience of working within an IiP framework
- Experience of working successfully with accrediting and regulatory bodies and implementing associated programmes
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.