|Location||Great Milton||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£18000.00 - £19000.00 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, my client is 5* Luxury hotel manor, and is one of the most country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting.
My client is looking for an individual who would be responsible for undertaking staff canteen assistant to maintain the high standards of the hotel to ensure the staff & guest receive the service that exceeds their expectations.
- To record any losses through spoilage or waste and report to the HR & L&D Manager and Kitchen Manager.
- To maintain and take care of all equipment given to you, and report any loss or damage.
- To be respectful and respond positively to the staff
- To help our staff in any way possible.
- To be respectful of our food supplier
Service and Product
- To have a good knowledge of all the dishes and of the menus.
- To demonstrate promptness, anticipation, and organisation to deal with the different aspects of the position.
- To maintain a clean and excellent standard for all fridge/freezer units.
- Waste management, including food disposal, waste disposal and recycling of all cans
- To ensure the vending machine is fully stocked
- Stock management of the vending machine
- To clean service trays.
- Maintaining excellent food safety standards
- To ensure all areas of the canteen are clean, cleaning the window sills, sweeping the floor and ensure the daily cleaning checklist task has been carried out
- Ensuring all daily close down procedures are being completed
- To attend training to uphold the conditions of the health and safety policies
- To assist with maintaining the standards within the Hotel
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by the company including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities
- To ensure that all statutory regulations are observed and that all learning and development complies with these requirements
- To comply with all security and maintenance measures to ensure the protection of guests and company
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the employee handbook
- Work with other members of the team and respect their problems and pressures
Due to the location of the site driving is essential
If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949 for more details or to discuss other opportunities.