We have a number of fantastic Part Time Catering Assistant opportunities in Aintree Hospital. These roles fall under the fast-paced industrial type catering sector and does require very specific experience. Please only apply if you have 1 or 2 of the following:
- Worked for last 3 years at least in a fast paced, very busy catering environment catering with more than 100 covers.
- Preparing food or assisting the chef with food preparation of cold and hot food for the clients such as salads, sandwiches etc.
- Other hospital settings or Military catering setting
- Worked in a fast-food company, dealing with continual queues and customers
The hospital is large and only hard working, quick to react candidates are needed due to the intensity of the role - currently on site we offer 9 different food services within the hospital area including food supplied to wards and patients.
You will be working within a large team - hours are set but varied as you will be expected to pick up extra hours for any sickness and Holidays therefore a high degree of flexibility is required.
This is a role that if you show commitment, hard work and working well as part of the large team - could lead to a permanent contract with NHS trust
This role is relentless, hard work and at times very physical, but the enrolment is friendly, team helpful and the hospital standards are very high. Please only apply if you can evidence the right experience and are physically fit as the role does demand this.
We provide various food services from Costa, Starbucks, paninis, pizza, and home-made food.
- Hard working - likes to always be on the go
- Experience preparing or assisting with the preparation of hot & cold meals
- Level 1 Food cert
- Works at speed and high level of accuracy
- Great customer service skills
- Reliable, on time and motivated about the work you do.
- Flexible in working hours - not rigid to set hours and days
- Can evidence the catering settings above as experience
The hours we are currently recruiting for as follows - however YOU MUST be flexible as can change.
All roles are primary based in a new and exciting department opening alongside roles within the hospital setting. You may be required to work anywhere within the catering department depending on the needs of the service
- Post 2 11.00-16.00 Sun, Mon, Tues 15 hours+ enhancements
- Post 3 11.00-16.00 Weds - Sat 20 hours+ enhancements
- Post 4 6.45-14.30 Tues, Weds, Thur 21.75 hours
- Post 5 16.00-20.00 15.00-19.00 Thurs & Fri Sat & Sun 16 hours+ enhancements
- Post 6 16.00-20.00 Mon- Fri 20 hours
- Post 7 12.00-15.00 Mon-Fri 15hours
- Post 8 9.00-15.00 Mon-fri 27.5 hours
- Post 9 11.15-18.15 Sun, Mon, Tues 19.5 hours+ enhancements
- Post 10 4.15-20.45 Mon- Fri 22.5 hours
- Post 11 4.15-20.45 Mon - fri 22.5 hours
- Post 13 7.30-16.30 Mon-weds 25.5 hours
- Post 14 10.00-16.30 Mon-Fri 30 hours
- Post 15 7.30-13.30 Fri, Sat, Sun, mon 22 hours + enhancements
- Post 16 16.00-19.00 Sun- Thurs 15 hours + enhancements
- Post 17 16.00-19.00 Tues- Sat 15 hours + enhancements
- Post 18 16.00-19.00 Fri - Mon 12 hours + enhancements
- Post 19 7.30-14.30 Mon-Fri 32.5 hours
Pay - £8.91 standard
£11.66 Evenings and Saturdays
£15.11 Sundays and Bank holidays
Location of site - Fazakerley - Liverpool
Candidates must have experience preparing food and helping with general kitchen duties, if you are interested please apply with your up to date CV.