Part Time Multi-Drop Van Driver
- Job Reference: 00017114-1
- Date Posted: 11 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Cwmbran, Gwent
- Salary: £9.99 to £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Platform Resourcing are pleased and excited to be working in partnership with a Engineering Stock-holding business based in the South East Wales area. This successful business have seen a continued demand for their products throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and are now looking to add to the team by bringing on a Part Time Multi-Drop Van Driver.
Applicants for this position should be self-motivated with a pleasant personality and able to fit into a busy branch office. The successful applicant will hold a current UK driving license with either no points or a very low number of convictions.
The individual will be able to communicate information clearly while delivering product to both branch customers and suppliers and report back any individual customer feedback. There may be occasions when extended working hours will be required for collections and deliveries this will be dictated by customer requirements.
Salary: £10.00 p/h
Location: Cwmbran, Torfaen, Gwent
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent
Shift Pattern: Monday to Thursday - 12 midday - 3pm and 10.30am - 12.30pm
An ability to work on their own initiative to problem solve and structure the most effective delivery and collection route to complete daily schedules within a specific time frame is essential. As a representative of the company the individual will maintain a high level of courtesy and good manners towards customers and customer staff members.
The candidate will work within the companies health and safety policies to undertake safe working practices while at the company premises and those of its customers. This will include observing customers sites speed limits and wearing of PPE equipment and clothing when required.
The successful applicant will be both responsible and liable to cover the costs of any fines issued against the company vehicle that the individual is in charge of. This will include speeding fines, parking fines and those offences contrary to the highway code.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties to ensure safe and efficient deliveries and collections of products
* Ensure all deliveries checked with delivery note paperwork to confirm quantities are correct and confirmation of delivery address
* Load vehicle with all deliveries due out that day
* Notify branch with any issues or where unable to deliver goods to customer
* Take notes for any requests or returns from customers reporting back potential issues
* All deliveries paperwork must be signed and dated by customers authorised staff member
* Collection of goods from suppliers
* Maintain a high level of respect and good manners with customers and suppliers and present a high level of professionalism
* Comply with customer site health and safety procedures and observe factory site speed limits
* Wear PPE clothing waist coat etc and safety glasses where required and always wear safety footwear.
* Upon return to branch all paperwork to be filed in correct location for filing
* Once the vehicle has returned to branch remove all rubbish and debris from vehicle
* Responsible for clean and tidy vehicle
* Report any mechanical or electrical issues with vehicle to ensure action is taken to book in for repair.
* Observe the highway code and all notified speed limits
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency