Part time Accounts/ Finance Assistant
- Job Reference: 00039528-1
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Andover, Hampshire
- Salary: £23,000 to £30,000
- Sector: HR / Recruitment, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Part Time Accounts / Finance Assistant
Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 pro rata
Contract: Permanent, Part time, flexible hours (estimated 2 days per week initial)
Location: Andover + Work from home during COVID-19.
CVM People is a consulting and resourcing business based in Andover. We are looking for a proactive, experienced Accounts Assistant to help develop our finance function, working closely with the directors and wider team.
We are an energetic and ambitious company, offering a unique service to corporate and large SME clients in an exciting field, providing fantastic opportunities for significant growth over the next few years.
We are a small, friendly team who believe in working hard for each other, but also having fun and keeping each other entertained! We have built a highly collaborative and supportive environment, with the opportunity to learn and grow, and be recognised for your efforts.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy working with us, and shares our ethos:
* We work hard for each other and recognise each other’s hard work.
* We take ownership of what needs doing and enjoy new challenges.
* We enjoy working for a small company and the variety that brings.
* We have a natural curiosity and urge to do things better.
* We believe that our efforts can make a real difference to the company and our colleagues.
* Ensuring all financial transactions are correctly recorded in Xero.
* Developing monthly management accounts (including cash flow, financial variance against plan).
* Preparing and filing annual/quarterly/monthly tax returns, payroll, VAT, corporation tax.
* Leading on the company’s credit control procedures.
* Checking and paying vendor invoices and proactively monitoring and managing costs.
* Working with the leadership team to refine processes and procedures and improve efficiency.
Core skills and experience
* Previous experience within a similar role (2 years +)
* Credit Control experience (2 years+)
* Relevant full or part certification (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAS)
* Proficient in Excel
* Meticulous organisation skills
* Great communication skills
* Good working knowledge of Xero
Beneficial skills and experience
* Streamlining and redesigning processes
* Advanced Excel (vlookup, formulae, etc.)
* Building finance models
* Payroll operations
* Company pension contributions
* Fantastic staff discount programme
* Flexible schedule
* Work from home during COVID-19 and flexibility going forward.
* On-site parking
If you can see yourself working with us, we’d love to talk