Paralegal - MIPTOC team
|Job Title:||Paralegal - MIPTOC team|
|Salary:||£18000 - £24000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-12-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Oliver|
|Job Published:||December 27, 2018 09:54|
An extremely successful international law firm, with a fully dedicated office based in Central Bristol only a stone's throw from Temple Meads & on all major bus routes. The role is working as a Paralegal on the MIPTOC team (Media, Intellectual Property, Technology, Outsourcing and Commercial).
As the Paralegal you will be working Monday - Friday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, receive a salary of £18,000 - £24,000 + the amazing benefits listed below!
The client offer amazing benefits; stylish offices, life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan (travel), mortgage advice, private medical insurance, ride2work, gym flex and holiday flex among others!
Based in Bristol office, occasional travel to London office.
As a paralegal for the MIPTOC team, you will be working closely with a Legal Director and Associate in the Bristol office, where you will be based. You will assist, for the most part remotely, Partners, Legal Directors and Associates from the London office. The work will be a mixture of non-contentious commercial matters, data protection, as well as IT, IP, media and commercial litigation. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to varied and interesting work and good personal development opportunities.
- Assisting with the conduct of litigation/arbitration/mediation and involvement in key stages, for example, pre-action, pleadings, disclosure, witness statements and settlement negotiations.
- Assisting and, where appropriate, leading document review tasks including pre-action investigations, disclosure and data subject access requests. Liaising with the firm's eDiscovery and Client Data team in respect of these.
- Preparing draft correspondence and analysing key documents to produce detailed factual chronologies.
- Completing high-level commercial contract reviews for a broad range of well-known Technology and Retail clients to assist senior lawyers with drafting and strategy advice. Presenting these as either client-facing or internal notes.
- Assisting with general commercial work such as drafting consumer facing terms and conditions, brand protection, marketing and advertising queries (including drafting advertising copy and Advertising Standards Agency complaints).
- Attending client meetings/calls/conferences, occasionally with Counsel/experts. Also preparing for and attending occasional Court hearings. Taking minutes and preparing detailed file notes.
- Organising papers and assimilating documents received from clients/third parties. Preparing bundles (digital and hard copies) with support from the firm's Reprographics team.
- Preparing client-facing correspondence and reports such as engagement letters, progress updates and billing reports.
- Assisting lawyers on a broad range of data protection matters, including reviewing and drafting client policies.
- Legal research on discrete points for ongoing matters including using legal databases and other resources to obtain and review case law and articles. Presenting this information in clear and concise reports.
- Client-facing research into upcoming regulatory / policy changes in the advertising sector (both international and UK).
Key Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have Excellent academics, with prior experience as a paralegal (ideally in a commercial or litigation department). An LPC graduate and/or CILEx qualification is highly desirable.
Someone with a good working knowledge of law firm operations & pressures, be confident with strong written & verbal communication skills.
If interested then please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you are not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's