Paralegal Customer Due Diligence
|Job Title:||Paralegal Customer Due Diligence|
|Salary:||£18000 - £24000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-12-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Oliver|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2018 15:04|
An extremely successful international law firm, with a fully dedicated office based in Central Bristol only a stone's throw from Temple Meads & on all major bus routes. The role is working as a Paralegal on the internal Risk & Compliance Team.
As the Paralegal you will be working Monday - Friday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, receive a salary of £18,000 - £24,000 (depending on experience) + the amazing benefits listed below!
The client offer amazing benefits; stylish offices, life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan (travel), mortgage advice, private medical insurance, ride2work, gym flex and holiday flex among others!
As a CDD paralegal, you will be responsible for identifying the customer due diligence requirements for any given matter, carrying out the requisite searches and checks against the parties involved, and reporting to the matter team. You will therefore work closely with the matter teams, Partners, the Risk and Compliance team to ensure the right outcome. You will gain a deep understanding of the risk factors which signal a money laundering risk and the questions that need to be answered to assess the risk of the firm being used as a money laundering tool.
Working with the Team Manager and other team members, you will also be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make it an attractive and viable alternative route to a career in law.
- Management and prompt turnaround of requests for customer due diligence checks made by matter teams,
- Liaising with the matter team to obtain information about the client and matter,
- Carrying out the necessary searches, via the Internet and relevant databases, to make a full assessment of the risk,
- Saving search results,
- Drafting the CDD report, cogently setting out your findings and conclusions,
- Escalating matters where required to the matter team, Risk and Compliance or the MLRO,
- Assisting with the ongoing monitoring of on-going high risk matters,
- Involvement in the development of a smooth running CDD function through innovation and the contribution of fresh ideas
Key Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have some previous Paralegal experience (compliance or risk would be an advantage) but able to consider limited experience with either a Law degree or GDL qualification. Someone with a good working knowledge of law firm operations & pressures, be confident with strong written & verbal communication skills.
If interested then please apply or send your CV to email@example.com
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you are not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's