|Salary:||£18000 - £26000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kirk Ryan|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2019 13:32|
An extremely successful international law firm, with a fully dedicated office based in Central Bristol only a stone's throw from Temple Meads & on all major bus routes are looking for a Paralegal to join them on a permanent basis. The role is working as a Paralegal in a central team providing process-based support to a range of legal teams.
You will be working Monday - Friday, Full Time Hours 09.30 - 5.30 pm & receive a salary circa £18,000 - £26,000 depending on experience + amazing benefits listed below.
The client offers amazing benefits; stylish offices, life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan (travel), private medical insurance, Ride2Work, Gymflex and holiday flex among others!
You will be working directly with the internal Risk and Compliance team working on Customer Due Diligence (CDD) requirements. In this role you will be responsible for identifying the CDD requirements for any given matter, carrying out the requisite searches and checks against the parties involved, and reporting to the matter team. You will work closely with the matter teams, Partners, the Risk and Compliance team and the MLRO to ensure the right outcome. You will gain a deep understanding of the risk factors which signal a money laundering risk and the questions that need to be answered to assess the risk of the company being used as a money laundering tool.
- Management and prompt turnaround of requests for CDD checks made by matter teams.
- Liaising with the matter team to obtain information about the client and matter.
- Carrying out the necessary searches, via the Internet or relevant databases to make a full assessment of the AML risk.
- Drafting of CDD reports, cogently setting out your findings and conclusions.
- Escalating matters where required to the matter team, Risk and Compliance or the MLRO and assisting with the ongoing monitoring of ongoing high-risk matters.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the development of the team by delivering high quality and timely output to internal clients to ensure high levels of customer service, working to develop an environment of constant improvement, and capturing and collating required AML records and other MI in accordance with agreed practice.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have previous Paralegal experience with an understanding of corporate and trust structures. The candidate will also have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a particular interest in, and aptitude for, AML procedures. Someone who is a confident communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills, hardworking, well-organised with attention to detail, and is able to work in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate will be able to deal with difficult or demanding situations, self-manage effectively and be commercially aware. A Law degree, GDL or equivalent is desirable, as is experience with CDD and project management/process improvement.
If interested then please apply or send your CV to email@example.com
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you are not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's