Panel Line Team MemberLocation:
£32,937 with the opportunity to go up to £34,077 after completion of TrainingRole Type:
Full timeRole ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Panel Line Team Member at our Rosyth site.The role
As a Panel Line Team Member, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. This role will enable Babcock to provide 24-hour cover for work during the week and weekends ensuring that these machine centres are fully utilised and providing the type 31 programme the best chance of successfully delivering its steel cut requirements. To safely operate and rotate in a variety of machines to support the Type 31 unit build from piece part creation through to panel manufacture.
This role reports into a production supervisor.Day to day,
Essential experience of the Panel Line Team Member
- Load raw materials onto the workstations using lifting equipment and workshop cranes,
- As required, load programme(s) onto the machine and set start position,
- Set up of machine and parameters and carry out visual and digital machine monitoring when in use. Control, feedback, and rectification of defects
- Use manipulator arms where required to move parts into position and carry out visual inspection of parts and assemblies, as per engineering outputs and project requirements.
- A background in machine operation preferably plate or section profiling machines would be preferred. Overhead crane and slinging experience would also be desirable.
- Willing to train and gain experience and proficiency in slinging operations
This role is based onsite full time at Rosyth
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
Generous holiday allowance
Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
Employee share scheme
Employee shopping savings portal
Payment of Professional Fees
Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Job Segment:
CSR, Engineer, Management, Engineering