|Location||Bedford, Bedfordshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£10 - £14 per hour||Sector||Engineering|
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-4pm (overtime as required)
Hourly rate: £10 - £14 - dependant on experience
Our client, a UK wide fleet solutions company with over 25 years' experience are currently recruiting for Paint Sprayer's to join their team due to continued company growth. This position will be based in their Bedford depot.
The Paint Technician is responsible for the refinishing of all assigned vehicles. Following the written repair order and following the operational processes. The Paint Technician plays a key role in delivering quality of finish, speed, efficiency and ensuring the customers expected standard is delivered.
Key duties within this position include:
* Perform all refinish procedures ensuring all formulations, preparation, top coating and curing to meet with recommended standards for proper application sequence, timing and material usage
* Prioritise work efficiently to meet deadlines ensuring awareness of urgent vehicles and due out dates
* Select, match and mix colours
* Prepare spray out cards to ensure perfect colour match
* Ensure areas to be treated are properly masked out
* Primer application to areas that need to be treated
* Ensure colour libraries are updated and maintained regularly
* Identify rectification issues and report them to Line Manager
* Quality control checks carried out on completion to ensure no defects on work
* Consistently utilise all required safety equipment and P.P.E.
* Use the electronic management system for accurate recording of work assigned
* Adhere to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal
* Regular maintenance of booths and filters to ensure safe running of ovens
* Record all booth maintenance and filter changes
* Maintain a clean and organised work environment including all tools and equipment are kept clean, safe and in good workable condition
* Attend Company arranged medicals and follow all necessary guidance given or provided
* Report any deterioration in health or vision to your Manager without delay
* Relevant qualification i.e. ATA, NVQ, BTEC, City & Guilds and/or a minimum of three years' experience
* Proven experience of delivering high quality finishes
* Knowledge of water based spraying skills
* Demonstrate a commitment to continued learning by participating in on-going training and any other industry related training requirement
* Able to meet targets and deadlines
* Comply with Health and Safety requirements and legislation
* Maintain a positive working relationship with all members of staff
If you believe you may be suitable for the role and interested in finding out more, please contact Nick Fryatt on 01453 852544 or apply now.
Omega resource group are acting as an employment agency in relation to this position.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.