|Job Title:||Packaging Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-31 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Smith|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2019 14:38|
Our client is a chemical solutions provider with a long heritage of pioneering technologically advanced epoxy, acrylic and polyurethane-based polymer products.
They currently have a vacancy for a Packaging Manager at our site in Cambridgeshire, UK. The site is a key operational facility comprising of a manufacturing and packaging plant, warehousing and support services.
They are looking for someone who is technically minded with engineering experience, performance focused, able to manage and adapt to changing priorities, business driven, delivers change and results, and can multi-task. The role is full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 08.30 – 17.00, Monday-Friday and flexibility supervising 2 shifts is a requirement of this position.
- Lead the team towards a Zero Harm culture and world class quality performance
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities to enhance machine productivity and develop new solutions in line with technological advances and changing products
- Manage the day to day performance and delivery of the Packaging Department
- Take responsibility for the operational training and induction for associates and contractors
- Manage the team to deliver the department objectives, including scheduling and monitoring contractor resources in accordance with demand
- Monitor costs in-line with Packaging Department Budget & Forecast
- Optimise the scheduling of work to achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage delivery of key performance measures, including safety, quality, OEE, Standard versus Actual, Planned versus Actual output and Budget
- Oversee front line delivery of new product introductions within the Packaging department
Knowledge & experience required:
- Management experience in a packaging or similar manufacturing environment (multi-component)
- A technical/mechanical qualification (minimum of HNC in Mechanical Engineering), relevant degree, or proven work experience in a fast moving (FM) environment or chemical manufacturing, processing or packaging environment
- Knowledge of Process Management Systems (SAP)
- Computer literacy and a high proficiency of major IT tools (MS Office etc)
- LEAN tool experience, such as OEE, SMED, VSM, RCA, Kaizen
- A project management/structured approach to work/problems
- Experience of working with chemicals advantageous
Our client offers an excellent benefits package, including a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare, a guaranteed annual payment and a non-contractual Incentive Compensation Bonus Scheme which is dependant on business performance and individual contribution.
It is a great time to join the business as they continuously strive to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and deliver on customer promises.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's