We are currently sourcing for a Directors Assistant for a 7 week contract working for the Local Authority in Central Bristol. . You will help the Director to make the best use of their time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks. DA's need extensive knowledge of the organisation in which they work.
You will need to know who key personnel are (both external and internal) and understand the organisation's aims and objectives. Directors often rely heavily on their DA, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes for a successful DA.
About the Role:
* Days: Monday to Friday
* Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm
* Hourly Rate: £13.64
* Location: City Centre
* Start Date: 13/1/2020
* Duration: 7 weeks (until 28/2/2020)
What you will be doing:
* Maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
* Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
* Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
* Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
* Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
* Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
* Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
* Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
* Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings;
* Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff
What you will need to apply for this role:
* A clear understanding of the requirements of a role that directly supports senior management.
* Proven ability to manage a complex inbox and electronic diary.
* Proven ability to gain knowledge and understanding of a broad and complex area of work, taking a proactive approach to research and fact-finding.
* Proven ability to prioritise in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic office environment.
* Evidence of resolve to own and solve problems.
* Experience of organising/supporting events and meetings including minute/note taking.
* Have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office applications or equivalent including the following: email (outlook or equivalent), word processing (word or equivalent), spreadsheets (excel or equivalent) using the internet (internet explorer or equivalent).
* The role will involve quite a lot of minute taking ranging from informal meetings to high level partnership meetings.
If this role is of interest to you and you have the relevant skills/experience, please upload your CV to this site.