|Salary||£40800 - £55200 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management|
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and scheduling of projects in Primavera P6, analysing performance and recommending actions to improve progress.
The role requires good personal and communication skills, technical planning skills, industry knowledge, and the ability to contribute to the improvement and implementation of best practice and processes.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- As the P6 project planner for the programme, you will be required to work autonomously
- You will be providing full resource and cost loaded project plans, monitoring changes and reporting on this as necessary.
- Collating data from a range of colleagues and teams
- Ensure that the Thames Water business is fully updated on progress across a range of medium to large scale projects within our Developer Services Major Projects area.
- Creating and maintaining project WBS structures and codes in Primavera.
- Scheduling, monitoring and controlling labour and material resources.
- Provide effective risk management services and facilitate Interventions as appropriate.
- Ensure timely information is provided to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining and analysing schedule information throughout the project.
- Tailoring schedule templates using Primavera P6 EPPM
- Work with Project Managers, Designers and Commercial in schedule development and milestone definition, in managing the alignment of scope, time and cost, coding and applying logic.
- Maintaining baselines, producing critical path analysis and reporting on any variations against it.
- Liaise closely with contractors to receive and verify programme information for Infrastructure Alliance JV partners, design partners and other resources.
- Ensure that the month-end reporting process is supported and achieved by the project teams.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
- Work closely with the commercial team to prepare and evaluate contract and commercial impacts to Thames Water activities within the overall programme.
- Exceptionally analytical and have a good understanding of schedule interfaces and dependencies.
- Previous experience with Primavera P6 EPPM is essential as is the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- PowerBI development and reporting experience is desirable.
- Numerically minded and possess high levels of attention to detail.
- Ideally, you will be degree educated or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the water or utilities industry and an understanding of NEC 3 contract models would be beneficial but not essential. Member of a professional body such as CMI, APM or ACostE preferred.
- You will be an effective communicator, having a proactive approach with a strong track record at controlling medium to large scale projects.
- An awareness of business procedures and processes and ability to liaise at all levels and influence
This role gives you the opportunity to control, analyse and report on schedules across a broad range of projects that stretch from £100k up to over £1 million. You will be the P6 project planner for the full project life cycle, including liaison with design and construction, being involved in monitoring costs, forecasting, resource planning and tracking all activities essential for the programme to be delivered on time and within budget.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.