|Salary||£13000 - £13100 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
£13,000 for 20 hours per week
On joining this small charity foundation you will provide support the Finance Manager in delivering a high quality, efficient and professional financial reporting service, contribute to the effective management of the Foundation's cash flow and inventory positions by ensuring that entries to the Foundation's accounting and inventory management systems are accurate and timely.
1) Open and date stamp the department's post (or print and date stamp emailed invoices) and distribute invoices to relevant managers for approval and authorisation.
2) Process all supplier invoices, credit card and petty cash expenditure ensuring that they are coded and allocated to the correct cost centres within the Foundation's accounting system.
3) Prepare the weekly payment run and ensure that all payments including supplier invoices are paid (once approved) in accordance with the invoice payment terms.
4) Set up new supplier accounts in line with the Foundation's processes and maintain up to date supplier details on existing accounts within the accounting system.
5) Resolve any invoice queries with the Finance Manager or relevant internal or external contact and complete any follow up action required to ensure the payments are made.
6) Complete data entry of new purchases onto Vend, the stock control system, on a monthly basis ensuring the entries are accurate and any discrepancies are raised with the Finance Manager.
7) Process all properly authorised employee expense claims for payment, in a timely manner, ensuring any queries are resolved or escalated to the Finance Manager, as required.
8) Prepare weekly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and submit these to the Financial Manager for review and approval. Work with the Finance Manager to resolve any queries that may arise.
9) Process all payment receipts ensuring they are reconciled to the correct accounts or cost centres within the accounting system.
10) Reconcile petty cash on a weekly basis and prepare the reconciliation report ensuring that all expenditure is supported by valid receipts as necessary and follow up with the relevant personnel where it is not.
11) Assist with month end accruals, preparation of supplier payment batches and reconciliation of Supplier Statements.
12) Assist with month end routines, as requested, in Finance Manager's absence.
13) Deal with incoming calls, mail and other correspondence for the finance department and greet their visitors to the precinct in a welcoming professional manner, where required.
14) Maintain and orderly accounts filing system ensuring that filing is completed on a timely basis so other members of the team can easily access information they need.
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience
" Experienced finance/accounts assistant who understands and is proficient at payment processing, reconciliations, using accounting systems including Sage preferably in a small finance team.
" AAT Level 1 qualification or equivalent.
" Experience of working a busy client facing office environment in a team support role.
" Strong numeracy skills.
" Computer literate. Uses Microsoft Office including Word and Excel applications to a high standard. Experienced user of accounting software and preferably Sage Line 50.
" Experienced user of Outlook particularly the diary management functions.
" Manages routine processes and procedures effectively, is highly organised, prioritises tasks effectively and meets deadlines.
" Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
" Has strong administrative skills, multitasks effectively and speaks up if they need assistance with prioritising their workload.
" Produces accurate work that they routinely sense check and pays close attention to detail.
" Highly professional and well presented; is an excellent team player with a 'can do' mentality.
" Is calm under pressure and flexible enough to support the needs of their line managers and the wider business effectively.
This is an excellent part-time role for an experienced Finance Assistant , this company is situated close to Lime House