Job Title: Oracle APEX Developer
Location: Bristol, Leicester, Plymouth
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF50696
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Oracle APEX Developer at our Bristol, Leicester or Plymouth site.The role
As an Oracle APEX Developer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will play a key part in unique and safety critical projects. You will be involved from the project's infancy through to delivery and beyond, ensuring the maintenance of UK and Naval Fleet Support. This is a great opportunity to work on leading edge software technologies in a varied and challenging environment.
Day to day, you'll be involved in the undertaking of requirement analysis, production and review of technical design solutions of large/complex programmes.
Responsibilities will also include:
Essential experience of the Oracle APEX Developer
- Requirement analysis, production and review of technical design solutions of large/complex programmes.
- Translating requirement, use cases, storyboards into functional applications using agreed standards and tools and testing of new IT applications.
- Undertaking efficient software development through the use of good design - taking into account code reuse and efficiencies - and implementation methodologies.
- Applying technical experience and knowledge in the evaluation of solutions and maintain technical awareness to a level where alternatives can be advised, analysed and modelled.
- Participating in reviews of own work and that of colleagues to ensure application of best practice and local standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the Oracle APEX Web based application development toolset.
- Capable of developing complex server side PL/SQL code for data input validation and data import / export.
- Disciplined and methodical approach to configuration control.
We offer hybrid working where you can work from home; however, you'll be required onsite when the work requires.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role. You must be a sole UK national.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 16/06/2023
Testing, Database, Oracle, Developer, SQL, Technology