Optical Design Engineer
- Job Reference: 00007196-1
- Date Posted: 20 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
Working for a leading Technology and Network Services integration company we are looking for candidate for an exciting new project involving major refreshes of network and infrastructure systems. This project is looking for an experienced Nokia optical design engineer who will be working in an architectural team responsible for delivering the implementation of a large UK wide IP and optical network.
The role will be focused on optical network providing technical contribution throughout the network lifecycle, from network design through to operational implementation and its management systems.
This role will contribute to install/commission, build, migration strategies, handbook writing, technical training and defining detailed provisioning rules.
The role will focus on optical components of the network and will be expected to support the key components of the delivery to direct the deployment strategy during the major phases of the project.
* To work within a customer facing project team to deliver and support network solutions for business transition, transformation and business as usual activities
* To work from the technical requirements and produce documentation which include business process requirements
* To support the product/application selection and architecture development processes
* To manage 3rd party suppliers including technical liaison, technical compliance, inter-dependencies between suppliers, testing, scoping of support contracts and transfer into operations
* End to end responsibility for the specification, design, configuration and deployment of the solutions, including all documentation, statements of work, management systems, handbooks, user guides, training and successful transfer into operations.
* To ensure that the solutions include the requirements of other in scope deliverable areas and that the solutions are fully integrated with the other deliverable areas
* To develop a strong understanding of the application portfolio used within the operational environment
* Develop technical specifications, optical architecture documentation and other relevant documentation
* Undertake network and application configuration
* Managing the devices, system and integration testing
* Providing support on applications, reports and interfaces
* Liaise with vendors where necessary and apply or oversee relevant updates and patches.
* Monitor performance and efficiency of the network and instigate modifications and improvements where necessary
* Provide advice to end users on how to operate the network
* Resolve technical queries
* Provide network training as required
* Test new product releases and upgrades
* Create and maintain the system documentation
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
* Previous experience of delivering successful projects within a customer facing orgainsation.
* In depth experience of implementing and supporting networks covering the following domains:
o Business (including document management, collaboration and reporting),
o Service management
o Network management
* To demonstrate an active interest in keeping an upto date knowledge of networking technology.
* Creation of clear and concise technical specifications
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* Nokia PSS 1830 and NSP NFM-T manager experience
* Certified Nokia Optical Network Design Accreditations
* A computing or technical degree, or equivalent experience
* Excellent communication skills for completing documentation and communicate effectively.
* Strong technical knowledge across all components of applications technology.
* Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
* Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and application platforms and operating systems.
* Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
* Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
* Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
* Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
* Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned