|Salary||Dependent upon experience||Sector||Engineering|
ALE provide bespoke transport, lifting and installation solutions based upon each client's needs. As an ALE Operator you will be at the forefront of these operations, you will therefore be committed to carrying out all of your duties in a safe, responsible and efficient manner. You will be operating, driving, loading, offloading and mobilizing all types of hydraulic trailer and other equipment in our unique industry. No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations both within and outside of the UK. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.Main responsibilities
- Drive, load / offload, mobilise and operation of trailers, installation, rigging and general maintenance.
- Guide / train other team members where necessary.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Supervisor, Team Leader and/or Operations Managers & Co-ordinators.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client regulations
- Complete daily checks of all plant equipment in your care.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE
- CCNSG Safety Passport
- National Grid
- Previous experience working with mechanical and/or hydraulic equipment
- The ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under pressure
- Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use
- High level of self motivation
- Good communicator - able to give clear and concise instructions to operational personnel
- Able to work as part of a team and assist in all job requirements
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Must be self motivated witht the ability to self manage in order to achieve the desired program and Health and Safety targets
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (site operator – client -project manager)
- Effective planner
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems.
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Willing to travel and work within and outside the UK for extensive periods (away from home)
- Current valid driving license
- Current valid passport, no restrictions
ALE is a complete solution provider for lifting, transporting, installing, ballasting, jacking and weighing large, heavy loads. In many cases the solution will involve the design and fabrication of bespoke equipment which will be used on the project. With operating centres in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Australia, the Middle East and the Far East, we are a truly global company. Our corporate headquarters are in Staffordshire in the UK.