Operatives - COVID Testing
- Job Reference: 00039713-1
- Date Posted: 19 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding contract where you will be able to use your skills to make more of a difference than ever before?
We are looking to recruit Test Operators for our new COVID-19 Testing centre.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
* To enable the testing process to be seamless, ensure that the test subjects experience is pleasant and managed in a professional way
* Reporting into the Testing Supervisor the Test Operative is accountable for to administer a throat and nasal swab test to individuals that visit a test site . Two testers alternate for each subject. One does test, other holds a bag that test get put in after.
* Participates in new site activation to ensure site is ready for day 1
* Ensures that site is ready for operations at the beginning of each day
* Undertake training on how to administer the throat and nasal swab test
* Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
* Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed
* Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand the process
* Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process.
* Administer the throat and nasal swab test to NHS standards
* Package up the swabs ready to send to laboratories for processing
* Support with testing administration (recording Test Operative administrating test, test time etc.)
* At the beginning of each day confirm booth inventory /supplies to Testing Supervisor.
* Liaise with equipment and resources to ensure sufficient PPE and supplies are ordered
* Dispose of bio-hazard containers appropriately.
* To ensure that social distancing is undertaken
* Be vigilant at all times when on site
* All services and personnel to act in accordance with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, unless derogation has been explicitly given.
* Perform all the following services in line with Good Industry Practice, unless specific service standards are prescribed.
* Escalate immediately if it becomes apparent that the site is not or is likely to become non-compliant with any law relating to the environment and sustainability or health and safety and will take all reasonable steps to becoming compliant. This excludes regulations that have been explicitly referred to in derogation.
YOU can play a crucial role in maximising our capacity as a country to fight this outbreak both on a national and local level.
In exchange for your time, support and expertise Mitie will be rewarding those successful with the real living wage