|Location||Bristol/Somerset Area||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£36000 - £39000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
As Operations Manager you will oversee and manage the successful delivery of Catering (2 sites) & Cleaning Services (46 sites). To interface with the client management team, stakeholders and customers and service leads to ensure all service standards are met or exceeded. You will provide effective leadership to the site teams ensuring teams are engaged and that all key people activity such as PDR, EPA, Focus on Five are embedded. Your responsibility will be to deliver against key performance measures including: financial budgets, compliance, health and safety and work in partnership with service operations and central teams to meet client requirements and client retention by driving business performance through innovation. You will also be required to establish and maintain effective relationships with individuals at all levels within the business and the client organization in line with Clients for Life.Package description
Competitive salary of £36,000 - £39,000 plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare and also included is a company car
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Deliver financial targets
- Delivery of compliance and controls
- Managing multiple site service disciplines
- Staff engagement, leadership and development.
- Experience working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in managing a large cleaning account.
- Strong communication and influencing skills across all levels of Sodexo and client organisation. Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Leadership and motivational skills, experience managing and engaging teams to success
- Strong knowledge in asset management and compliance control across the IFM industry
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- CIEH level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3 and possess an intermediate level food safety certificate
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
Desirable, but not essential
- IOSH qualification or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- IFM Accreditation
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.