|Salary||£34000 - £44000 per annum||Sector||Recruitment & HR|
In this role you will be partnering with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities where Knowledge Management (KM) solutions and methodologies can add value and translate these into Knowledge Management collateral that can be accessed and used by all relevant employee groups.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Identify key opportunities where you can add substantial Knowledge Management value to the delivery of key strategic objectives, with a focus on our operational environments
- Consult and work effectively with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate these into objectives
- Advise on Knowledge Management tools and technology requirements in support of an effective strategy
- Partner with Learning and HR professionals to develop integrated plans in support of critical business projects
- Input into the strategic Knowledge Management planning process with recommendations for process, priorities and ways of working
- Create KM materials (audio, video, written etc) and facilitate knowledge sharing (workshops, ways of working etc) to enable KM/L&D strategies to support critical business projects
- Advise and support the user experience associated with the use of online KM solutions and the integration into other applications
- Provide coaching/mentoring support for other members of the team
- Knowledge and experience of best practice Knowledge Management and collaboration tools and technology requirements
- Quickly understand and comprehend technical information and translate into easy to use and access Knowledge collateral
- Strong knowledge of operational and field-based environments and ability to communicate and connect effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Awareness of best practice knowledge management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques with ability to translate theory into practical, useable, useful ways of working for colleagues and teams
- Experience and ability to ‘join the dots’ and advocate and drive consistent ways of working, communities of practice and collaborative teams
- Collaborative, curious and willingness to learn and transfer knowledge to others
- Experience of facilitation, coaching and mentoring
- Proactive, consultative and professional approach and ways of working
This is a great opportunity for you to support in the development of Knowledge Management frameworks, methodologies and key processes to ensure a consistent approach to the development and dissemination of business-critical knowledge.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.