|Job Title:||Operations Director|
|Contact Name:||Jo Munford|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2019 09:09|
Currently operating 37 bases in 9 countries, with a fleet of 950 charter boats, we attract more than 120,000 customers from all over the world each season. We have been established for 50 years and are passionate about providing outstanding quality and service.
Based in HQ (with extensive travel) this is a fantastic opportunity to join the Le Boat Executive Leadership team
We are seeking a strong, enthusiastic, flexible and experienced individual with skills and ability that will be well suited to working independently and on your own initiative. Experience within the marine industry is essential.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Lead and take full ownership of Le Boat operations globally including but not limited to base facilities, buildings, the fleet, the team, the customers and our suppliers/partners.
• Drive operational performance, delivering improved results across key areas:
o Improve the customer experience - ensuring targets for customer satisfaction results and complaint ratios are fully met.
o Deliver revenue - ensuring the fleet is charter ready for bookings and that all opportunities for ancillary revenue on-arrival is captured driving opportunities for new revenue streams.
o Control costs - manage all fixed and variable costs within allocated budgets (with particular regard to staffing, spares and maintenance and turn around costs) driving opportunities for savings.
• Develop and drive the operational strategy, plans and key initiatives.
• Lead on the people strategy for operations, collaborate with HR to recruit, train, support and develop an exceptional team of people to work on the fleet and deliver great service to our customers.
• Accountable for maintaining the fleet to the highest of standards in terms of presentation to the customer and reliability. Planning and executing a programme of fleet refurbishment and modification.
• Ensure appropriate controls are in place (gold standards checklists) so that base and boating operations are fully compliant with regulations and industry best practice, developing company policy and procedures.
• Drive employee and customer Health and Safety engagement across the business and ensure it is at the forefront of what we do.
• Lead on incidents/accident response, monitoring, analysis, reviews, claims and take ownership for the relationship with insurers.
• Lead on the service and customer experience strategy introducing new and improved ways to deliver service excellence to our customers with a particular focus on the check in/check out and boat briefing experience. Further develop Customer itineraries as an opportunity.
• Work closely with the Finance Director on budget planning and the capital investment programme.
• Develop the procurement plan and drive delivery of targeted savings.
• Develop and support the Customer Services function - working to proactively avoid customer issues and to resolve customer complaints quickly and successfully.
• Take responsibility for property lease renewals, relocations and new site acquisition working closely with the Finance Director and Travelopia Head of Properties.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Someone who is passionate about delivering world class customer service and is looking to join a great team within a successful and growing business. You will be ambitious and as excited as we are about our plans to develop and grow our business.
• Ambitious, enthusiastic with a mature and confident approach.
• Strong General Management skills and experience (min 3 years' experience in a senior operational role)
• Previous management experience in the tourism/leisure/hospitality industry essential, marine industry experience highly preferred.
• A great organiser and leader of people, with well refined ability to manage priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build internal/external relationships and teams who can deliver exceptional service to our customers.
• Commercial mind-set with a track record of delivering results (successfully controlling costs, achieving sales targets and improving customer service)
• Ability cope with pressure and to work and manage people within a fast paced, demanding working environment.
• Experience of successfully developing systems and processes.
• Excellent communication and PC skills (MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Able to work with deadlines, targets and objectives.
• Able to work independently and on own initiative.
• Strong analytical skills and able to work quickly and accurately with figures and spreadsheets.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel regularly (50% of your time will be on the road)
• Fluency in various languages (English essential - English & French highly preferred)
• Great enthusiasm for holidays and the Le Boat product (boating experience would be advantageous)
• Managing projects and setting up/launching new operations would be advantageous.
WORKING WITH US:
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we're passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing holidays, safaris, adventure holidays, sports tours, Arctic expeditions - our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
Surbiton, Greater London, UK
If you have further enquiries please call Le Boat on 0330 3322259 or would like to apply please apply via the apply button below attaching your CV and cover letter.
This job is managed by Le Boat as part of our job board advertising service, successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Please note that this role is not open for agency submission.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's