Onsite Transport Coordinator/Planner
- Job Reference: 00017319-1
- Date Posted: 25 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Platform Resourcing are pleased and excited to be working in partnership with a 3rd party logistics business based in the Hereford area. This successful business have seen a continued demand for their transport solutions throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and are now looking to add to the team by bringing on Onsite Client transport coordinator.
Applicants for this position should be self-motivated with a pleasant personality and able to fit into a busy customers site. The successful applicant will hold a current UK driving license, and will have a background in route planner, account management and customer service.
The individual will be able to communicate information clearly to the customer and and 3rd party suppliers. They will also be able to collate reports and feedback to the client on the progress of loads and the transport arrangement. There may be occasions when extended working hours will be required for collections and deliveries this will be dictated by customer requirements.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 p/a
Location: Herefordshire, England
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
* Employee Pension Scheme
* 26 days holidays + Bank holiday
An ability to work on their own initiative to problem solve and structure the most effective delivery and collection route to complete daily schedules within a specific time frame is essential. As a representative of the company the individual will maintain a high level of courtesy and good customer service skills. They will have excellent relationship building skills and ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Making arrangements for clients loads and back-loads
* Some route planning experience is essential
* Liaising with 3rd party logistic companies to arrange the best price for the customer
* To ensure safe and efficient deliveries and collections of products
* Planning for UK and European delivers
* Dealing with customs paperwork for overseas loads
* Ensure all deliveries checked with delivery note paperwork to confirm quantities are correct and confirmation of delivery address
* Notify customer with any issues or where unable to deliver goods to customer
* Take notes for any requests or returns from customers reporting back potential issues
* All deliveries paperwork must be signed and dated by customers authorised staff member
* Making arrangement for collection of goods from suppliers
* Comply with customer site health and safety procedures and observe factory site speed limits
* To ensure that all relevant paperwork to be filed in correct location
* o manage all elements of the supply chain to ensure transport services are delivered to the highest standard.
* To manage a team of drivers to deliver on expectations and service.
* To manage a fleet of HGV's, Delivery Vehicles and Couriers
* To keep relevant and up to date records of journey’s, delivers and times worked.
* To manage and track delivers
* To Account manager certain business activities, including reviews and direct accountability for delivery process.
* To be available to answer clients queries.
* To implement continuous improvement activities.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency