Offshore Steward (ad-hoc, 6 months fixed term)
|Job Title:||Offshore Steward (ad-hoc, 6 months fixed term)|
|Salary:||£188.63 - £188.63|
|Start Date:||2019-02-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2019 11:39|
Due to an exciting contract win, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for 20 ad-hoc stewards to work offshore on our client installations.
These roles will be offered on a fixed term basis for 6 months, which may be extended.
As an integral member of the team you will contribute to the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, messroom and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.Package description
- £188.63 per day worked offshore
- This is a 6-month fixed term contract which may be extended.
- Pension scheme
- Sodexo Discounts
- By utilising resources available, work as effectively and efficiently as possible to ensure the service is provided to the agreed standards
- Maintain accommodation areas in a clean and sanitary condition at all times
- Cleaning, buffering, hovering, sweeping and washing floors, walls and ceilings to be carried out in accordance with company procedures and safe systems of work to the contract specified standard, and recorded in the cleaning schedules
- Ensure all laundry is done to client satisfaction and contract specification
- Ensure chemical store is kept clean and tidy
- Accompany supervisor on daily and weekly inspections of areas of your responsibility
- Maintain cleanliness of all catering equipment
- Ensure kitchen and all its equipment are maintained in a clean and hygienic manner
- Ensure mess is kept clean at all times
- Assist in the preparation and serving of meals
- Ensure adequate supplies of cutlery and crockery are available throughout service times
- Ensure adequate supplies of galley equipment are available to chefs
- Manage the pot wash area
- Assist in unloading containers
- Adhere to deep cleaning programme
- Notify line supervisor of any defects or maintenance requirements within areas of responsibility
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Report all accidents and injuries
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage, unfit food, and other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Embrace industry training and development and culture by
- Attending Client and Company training courses as deemed necessary
- Fully support and participate in all Client and Company safety initiatives
- Carry out additional duties and any other tasks within your competency, such as the unloading of containers, which form part of the company service to the customer, as requested by the manager
Some things we need you to have...
- A great attitude and willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and team work skills
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Fit to Train Medical
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Food Handlers Medical
Ideally, you will also have...
- Food Safety Level 2
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
You should also be aware...
- This role involves working away from home for extended periods of time.
- Sometimes, you may be asked to extend your trip beyond what was originally planned.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's