Offshore Night Cook Baker (ad-hoc, 6 months fixed term)
|Job Title:||Offshore Night Cook Baker (ad-hoc, 6 months fixed term)|
|Salary:||£231.93 - £231.93|
|Start Date:||2019-02-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2019 13:26|
Due to an exciting contract win, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for 2 ad-hoc night cook bakers to work offshore on our client installations.
These roles will be offered on a fixed term basis for 6 months, which may be extended.
As an integral member of the team you will contribute to the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, messroom and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.
- £231.93 per day worked offshore
- This is a 6-month fixed term contract which may be extended.
- Pension scheme
- Sodexo Discounts
- Managing and rotating stock to ensure minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs
- Ensuring the standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Investigate and report customer complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action
- Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring that any duties carried out under their control are done so safely
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take corrective action
- Assist Head chef/chef manager with environmental objectives
- Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring catering budgeting requirements are consistently adhered to and the efficient use of all resources
Some things we need you to have...
- A great attitude and willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and team work skills
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Fit to Train Medical
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Food Handlers Medical
- City and Guilds (or equivalent) 706/1 and 706/2 + bakery qualification
- Minimum 2 years catering experience in an offshore or onshore environment
Ideally, you will also have...
- Food Safety Level 2
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
You should also be aware...
- This role involves working away from home for extended periods of time.
- Sometimes, you may be asked to extend your trip beyond what was originally planned.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Offshore Night Cook Baker (Ad-Hoc)
£239.15 - £239.15
Offshore Assistant Chef (with step up to Night Cook Baker)
£39,094.77 + uplift to COTA Grade D when performing Night Cook Baker duties
£11333 per annum
£9.94 per hour
Up to £13798.00 per annum