Offshore Chef Manager/Night Cook Baker
|Job Title:||Offshore Chef Manager/Night Cook Baker|
|Start Date:||2019-04-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 09:11|
Sodexo are currently looking for a Chef Manager/Night Cook Baker to join our Offshore & Marine team in the UK. This is a unique role which enjoys a mix between being a Chef Manager and Night Cook Baker. The role is part time, working 84 days per annum.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:Package description
- £16,337.00 annual salary
- This is a core crew position
- This position will work 84 days per annum
- Pension scheme
The predicted rota for this role is: 2 on, 8 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 8 off, 2 on.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!Main responsibilities
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the health and safety at work act, all other applicable regulations and all industry standards and guidance notes
- All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested
- Ensure that standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirement of the food safety act (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene)
- Ensure specific menu planning requirements are adhered to and standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Ensure the ordering of foodstuffs and the prompt service of all meals at required times to Company and client specifications
- As required, undertake baking and butchery to the appropriate standards
- Ensure that personal working hygiene standards and those of staff for whom you are responsible meet both the company and statutory requirements
- Ensure budget requirements are adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved, this can include; managing and rotating stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs, managing galley cleaning rotas, menu compilation and galley waste segregation
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner and report any defects
- Fit to Train Medical
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Food Handlers Medical
- Food Safety Level 2
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
- Minimum of two years of experience dealing with the management of resources (people, finance, etc)
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
- Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene (RIPHH) Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety or Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland (REHIS) Intermediate Certificate in Food Hygiene
- City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or
- NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation or
- Catering Modules and two years of experience in catering management and Basic Food Hygiene and Safety Certificate or
- Three years industry related experience
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's