Offshore Chef Manager (ad-hoc, 6 months fixed term)
|Job Title:||Offshore Chef Manager (ad-hoc, 6 months fixed term)|
|Salary:||£252.00 - £252.00|
|Start Date:||2019-02-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2019 13:36|
Due to an exciting contract win, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for 2 ad-hoc chef managers to work offshore on our client installations.
These roles will be offered on a fixed term basis for 6 months, which may be extended.
As an integral member of the team you will contribute to the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, messroom and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.Package description
- £252.00 per day worked offshore
- This is a 6-month fixed term contract which may be extended.
- Pension scheme
- Sodexo Discounts
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the health and safety at work act, all other applicable regulations and all industry standards and guidance notes
- All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested
- Ensure that standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirement of the food safety act (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene)
- Ensure specific menu planning requirements are adhered to and standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Ensure the ordering of foodstuffs and the prompt service of all meals at required times to Company and client specifications
- As required, undertake baking and butchery to the appropriate standards
- Ensure that personal working hygiene standards and those of staff for whom you are responsible meet both the company and statutory requirements
- Ensure budget requirements are adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved, this can include; managing and rotating stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs, managing galley cleaning rotas, menu compilation and galley waste segregation
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner and report any defects
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take such corrective action as may be delegated
- Attend any meetings and/or training courses as may be necessary
- Attend client and Company training courses as deemed necessary
- Fully support and participate in all client and company Safety Initiatives
- Identify personal training requirements
- Taking personal responsibility for closing identified development gaps and future requirements
- Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested, which are within your competency and which form part of the service to the client, such as the unloading of containers
- Fully support and participate in all client and Sodexo safety initiatives.
- Attend quarterly HS&E onshore meetings as and when necessary.
- Personal competencies are known, understood, adhered to and updated on an ongoing basis. Produce a personal safety contract.
- All members of the team embrace Sodexo and client’s health and safety procedures, and these are known, understood and adhered to and all change processes are managed effectively.
- As the focal point for the team that a lead by example culture is adopted including all reporting mechanisms
- Fit to Train Medical
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Food Handlers Medical
- Food Safety Level 2
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
- Minimum of two years of experience dealing with the management of resources (people, finance, etc)
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
- Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene (RIPHH) Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety or Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland (REHIS) Intermediate Certificate in Food Hygiene
- City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or
- NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation or
- Catering Modules and two years of experience in catering management and Basic Food Hygiene and Safety Certificate or
- Three years industry related experience
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's