Offshore Assistant Chef
|Job Title:||Offshore Assistant Chef|
|Salary:||COTA grade B package|
|Start Date:||2019-06-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 06:31|
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Chef to work offshore on a client installation.
This role will work 182 days per annum on a 3:3 rotation
As an integral member of the team you will contribute to the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, messroom and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:
- COTA Grade B Package
- This role will work 182 days per annum on a 3:3 rotation
- Sodexo Discounts
- Ensure the prompt service of all meals at the required times, to the company’s standard and the client’s satisfaction and in accordance with the Company’s/Client’s performance specifications
- All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested
- Ensure that standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirement of the Food Safety Act (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene)
- Manage and rotate stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs
- Investigate and report customer complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action where service gaps are identified.
- Ensure that personal working hygiene standards meet both the company and statutory requirements
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner and report any defects
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take such corrective action as may be delegated
- Attend any meetings and/or training courses as may be necessary
- Attend Client and Company training courses as deemed necessary
- Fully support and participate in all Client and company Safety Initiatives
- Identify personal training requirements
- Taking personal responsibility for closing identified development gaps and future requirements
- Assist chef/head chef in ensuring that any duties carried out under their control are done so safely
- Assist Head chef/chef with environmental objectives
- Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested, which are within your competency and which form part of the service to the client, such as the unloading of containers
- Working towards City and Guilds (or equivalent) 706/1 and 706/2
- Two years industry related experience
- Certificate in Food Hygiene and handling of food (REHIS)
- Health and hygiene certificate desirable
- BOSIET/FOET certificate
- CA-EBS certificate
- MIST certificate
- Offshore medical certificate
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's