- Job Reference: 00031455-1
- Date Posted: 13 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £28,050 to £36,644
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We are supporting a partner school in the recruitment of a permanent Occupational Therapist. This is an Outstanding independent special educational needs school based in Walton, Liverpool. The school work with children with ASD and PMLD.
Working as a fundamental part of the school community, you will provide support to the enthusiastic staff team and direct therapy to pupils.
You will be required to undertake all aspects of occupational therapy duties, working within the ethical framework provided by the rules of professional conduct.
Salary is pro rata - term time only.
Actual salary £21037 - £27482
The school are keen to interview immediately and for the right candidate the position would be for an immediate start in the new year.
* An awareness of SEN teaching strategies and ability to advise/train staff regarding use of these in classroom or 1:1 settings.
* Good understanding of relevant assessment and intervention
* Familiarity delivering a variety of assessments and using resources/interventions
* Experience of working in schools (preferably SEN) and familiarity with EHCP’s desirable
* Strong verbal, written and computer skills for detailed note taking and report writing
* A health care professional council licence Registration with HCPC
* Dedicated, enthusiastic, resilient and forward thinking
* Self motivated, flexible, creative, engaging and adaptable
* Knowledge of special education needs and autistic spectrum disorder
* A pro-active and a caring approach
* Enrolment into NEST Pension scheme
* Enhanced DBS Check cost will be covered
Due to the pandemic, interview will be taking place remotely