- Job Reference: 00045584-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Five Oaks, Sussex
- Salary: £30,000 to £37,500
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Full or part-time working will be considered. Term hours only.
Ingfield Manor School is a day and weekly boarding school for 60 pupils and students age 3-19 with neuro-motor impairments such as cerebral palsy. We are one of the UK’s leading Conductive Education providers. Our school is an exciting and rewarding place to work with excellent resources, including a state-of-the-art multi-sensory room.
We require enthusiastic and dynamic occupational therapist to work as part of a transdisciplinary team, with our students. Experience is desirable in one or more of the following areas; postural management / motor development /specialist seating, sensory development, hand splinting, working with individuals with a neurological impairment. Full clinical supervision, training and CPD opportunities are ongoing.
Ingfield Manor school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live.We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
You are a superhero to all the young people we support, making a difference in their lives every day. You overcome daily challenges to achieve a safe, stimulating and supportive educational experience for all our students, supporting the next generation to reach their full potential and helping them to achieve their greatest goals and aspirations.
We’re really excited to be recruiting new staff for our school, Ingfield Manor, where we support children and young people from age 3-19 with a range of disabilities.
If you’re looking for a rewarding job where you can celebrate success everyday, then look no further. Despite their daily challenges, the young people here achieve so much, and it’s heartwarming and life changing to be part of it.
The outstanding teaching here has supported young people like Charlie, 17 - to not only exceed in Maths and History, but also develop skills to live independently, and love the life he lives.
If you could be part of our team that changes lives, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
* To contribute to the planning and delivery of a strategy promoting function and independence in pupils/students, to enable and support their learning.
* To be responsible for the day to day implementation of agreed occupational therapy aims and programmes that reflect the Conductive Education ethos of the school,
* To work as a member of a trans-disciplinary team, and to convey occupational therapy skills and roles as part of a trans-disciplinary delivered curriculum.
* To make sound and well-reasoned equipment and resource recommendations, that support optimum use of the budget.
* To ensure the learning environment is adequately resourced to
* promote function and optimal participation, enabling children and young people to access the curriculum and environment
* support the delivery of the curriculum to ensure pupil learning and progress
* maintain excellent standards of care and practice
* ensure health and safety of staff and students
* monitoring, maintaining and ensuring fit for purpose equipment and environmental adaptations
* ensure compliance with policies and procedures
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker - you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
·Key Worker status
·Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
·Wagestream - our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
·Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
·Internal progression opportunities - We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
·Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
·Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
·Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Due to the nature of our business the COVID 19 Vaccination is mandatory