- Job Reference: 00067885-1
- Date Posted: 24 July 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: East Acton, London
- Salary: £20,800 to £22,152
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours/week (Full Time)
Qualification: Full and relevant Level 3+ childcare qualification required
Experience: Some experience working in an Early Years setting
Working at our Acton Park Nursery:
Our Nursery in Acton Park is set on the edge of a beautiful park and surround by trees, greenery and nature at it is based. Based within a children’s centre, the nursery offers fantastic resources, large and wonderful gardens and fabulous staff that ensure children flourish and leave fully prepared for their adventure ahead.
Capacity: 26 place Nursery (3 months to 4 years)
Rooms: 1 x Baby Room, 1 x Toddler/Pre-school Room
Opening Times: 7.30am-6.00pm
In all our nurseries, we are following government guidelines and have extensive Covid-19 policies and procedures in place with PPE available when required and have taken various measures to ensure that safety is maintained for all.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Nursery Practitioner Job Description:
We are recruiting for a passionate, qualified Level 3 Nursery Practitioners to join our team. This role will involve working as a key person and as part of the team under the direction of the senior team and Manager. You role will be to provide safe, high quality education and care for the children attending the nursery ensuring that it meets their individual needs and ensure all children reach their full potential.
Hungry Caterpillars is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
Nursery Practitioner Essential Criteria:
* Willingness to learn.
* Full and relevant Level 3 Early Years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
* Previous experience of working with young children.
* Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
* Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
* Knowledge of child protection procedures.
* Good communication skills.
* An understanding of play based approaches to children’s learning and development.
* Commitment to equal opportunities.
* Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
* Friendly and flexible approach at work, which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
Nursery Practitioner Desirable Criteria:
* Willingness to undertake further training.
* Current First Aid at Work qualification.
* Current Food Hygiene certificate.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Team Benefits & Rewards:
At the heart of Hungry Caterpillars is our incredible team who we value and offer:
* Your birthday off work, fully paid, to relax! (T&C's apply)
* Bupa Health Care package (T&C's apply)
* Free staff Uniform
* 50% off of childcare fees from day one (T&C's apply)
* Refer a friend/parent bonuses
* ‘The Caterpillar Academy’ - Five, fully paid, company training days each year
* ‘Future & Developing Leader Program’ – year long training course for future leaders
* On line training portal with over 100 courses for your development
* ‘Superstar Awards Day’ held annually to celebrate individual and team achievements
* Fantastic opportunities for career progression with internal promotions supported
* More time with the children – online tracking system & planning in the moment
* A competitive salary package with performance related reviews
* 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
* Staff pension with a company contribution going into your pot
At Hungry Caterpillars, we have always had a strong commitment to training and developing our team. Through ‘The Caterpillar Academy’ our team can continually develop and improve their skills through five, fully paid annual training days.
In 2019, we launched our Future and Developing Leadership Programme. This bespoke year long programme, was designed especially by our director Olivia. It is open to team members of all levels who want to develop their leadership skills to enable them to progress in their career.
Read more about it here: (url removed)
In addition we offer a wealth of additional training and development opportunities such as forest school training, an online training portal, professional conferences and networks as well as access to external training.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact our Head Office on (phone number removed).
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a full DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them