|Job Title:||Nursery Practitioner|
|Salary:||£15800 - £17500 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-05-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordanne Hayward|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 15:58|
The Nursery provides care for children aged 0-3 years however it is likely you will be allocated to a room working with a specific age group.
As a Nursery Nurse your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and supervise activities such as arts and crafts and music ensuring planned activities are assisting the child/ren with their development.
• Observing children and making notes for use in reports.
• To be flexible within working practices of the Setting, being prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting for example, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• To respect the confidentiality of information received.
• To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Washing and changing children as required.
Your duties may also, over time, include acting as a key worker for one or more child/ren, monitoring their progress and sharing information about their development with their parents and/or carers.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must:
• Be able to display a warm, caring and patient nature at all times.
• Have good communication skills.
• Have the ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way.
• Have a keen interest in child development.
• Display good knowledge of EYFS
• Be able to put creative ideas into practice by planning age appropriate activities to assist with learning.
• Be able to work as part of a team.
• Hold an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Childcare or equivalent.
In return we are able to offer: A fantastic salary of £15,800-£17,500 per annum dependant on experience, ongoing training and development opportunities, 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday, free DBS check, free uniform, supportive working environment, pension scheme, 50% off childcare within the Nursery if required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's