We are currently recruiting for a qualified Nursery Nurse to join our Springfield Lodge Day Nursery and Preschool in Dartford.
Our 175 place nursery is proudly rated Ofsted 'Good'. The nursery boasts a stunning outdoor space. There is freeflow access to the gardens so the children can explore outside at their leisure. The garden is also large enough to accommodate chickens that the children enjoy learning about and feeding.
Our nursery is conveniently located within Dartford and is only a 15 min walk from the train station. There is also a fast track bus option for a commute.
As a Nursery Nurse, working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To deliver a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in our nursery alongside keeping everyone safe
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach.
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
* Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
* Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Work experience within the Early Years sector.
* Sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
* Full and relevant Level 2/3 Childcare qualification.
* Current Paediatric First Aid if qualified after 30/06/2016