- Job Reference: 00061854-1
- Date Posted: 20 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Aintree, Merseyside
- Salary: £9.59 to £10.59 Per Hour
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Nursery Nurse
Reporting to: Room Leader
Salary Range £9.59- £10.59 per hour
Location: Walton Nursery and Early Years Centre – Liverpool
At Ambito, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children.
1. To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting.
2.To give support to their staff within the setting.
3.To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
4.To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
* To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
* To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
* Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
* To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
* To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
* To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment.
* To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre, etc. as required.
* To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
* To work alongside the management and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
* To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
* To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
* To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
* To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
* To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
* To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
* To follow the centres training policy, and to use virtual training (eLFY and EduCare) to upskill and keep knowledge updated.
* An enhanced DBS is required
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Successful candidates for all posts will undergo a minimum of 6 months’ probation period.
Ambito Care and Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy.
Our Core Values
We are Supportive by promoting opportunities for everyone so they can reach their full potential
We are very Ambitious to provide the best possible outcomes for the people who use our services
We are Loyal because we put the people that we support and our staff at the centre of everything we do and we deliver on our promises. We also are committed to ensuring that our services are meeting the needs of all stakeholders
We are Unique because we are ambitious and innovative about the diversity of the services that we provide without compromising quality
We are Transparent by being open, honest and fostering a culture of mutual respect. We promote a culture where we learn by our experiences and we are committed to doing things better and setting the highest standards in what we do
We are Engaging because we work in partnership with the people that we support, our staff and all our stakeholders
We encourage everyone to experience a Meaningful life by being aspirational and by offering opportunities
Relevant Level 2 Childcare Qualification or willing to work towards one
Full covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
Closing date 28/2/2022