Nursery Kitchen Assistant
- Job Reference: 00070082-1
- Date Posted: 31 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £9.00 to £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Catering and Hospitality
- Job Type: Permanent
Working at our High Wycombe Nursery:
Our Nursery in High Wycombe is situated in a wonderful purpose built nursery, located close to local amenities, the motorway and transport links. The nursery opened in July 2019 and was planned from the ground up, and in doing so; we have created something very special. Bright, spacious and beautiful dedicated rooms for each age group lead out onto the secure garden area.
Capacity: 90 place Nursery (3 months to 5 years)
Rooms: 1 x Baby Room, 1 x Toddler Room and 1 x Pre-school
Opening Times: 7.30am-6.30pm
In all our nurseries, we are following government guidelines and have extensive Covid-19 policies and procedures in place with PPE available when required and have taken various measures to ensure that safety is maintained for all.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
1. To support / implement the daily routine of cleaning in the kitchen.
2. To be flexible within the working practises e.g. preparations of snack/meals, washing up etc. as instructed by the cook.
3. To assist with serving of meals to the children
4. To assist / lead on the clean up after meals as directed
5. To support with meal times as and when needed.
6. To work within the food hygiene standards and the relevant health and safety regulations.
7. To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
8. To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
9. To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
10. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is required as part of the job.
Its the nature of a nursery environment that tasks/responsibilities are on occasion unpredictable & varied. This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties & the post holder will be required to undertake other reasonable duties as discussed with the Nursery Manager.
* Good communication skills.
* Commitment to equal opportunities.
* Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
* Current food hygiene certificate.
* Willingness to learn and to undertake further training.
* Some experience of working with young children.
* Current food hygiene certificate.
* Current First Aid at Work qualification.
Team Benefits & Rewards:
At the heart of Hungry Caterpillars is our incredible team who we value and offer:
* Your birthday off work, fully paid, to relax! (T&C's apply)
* Bupa Health Care package (T&C's apply)
* 50% off of childcare fees from day one (T&C's apply)
* Refer a friend/parent bonuses
* On line training portal with over 100 courses for your development
* ‘Superstar Awards Day’ held annually to celebrate individual and team achievements
* Fantastic opportunities for career progression with internal promotions supported
* A competitive salary package with performance related reviews
* 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
* Staff pension with a company contribution going into your pot
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a Disclosure Barring Scheme check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them