|Salary||£9.50 - £10.50 per hour||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
This is a full time position Monday to Friday 35 hours a week( 7 hours a day) usually worked from 9am until 5pm. A basic Food Hygiene certificate is essential. First aid, Safeguarding, NVQ in Catering and Hospitality is desirable. Salary £9.50 to £10 an hour.
- Work in conjunction with the Nursery Manager, to be responsible for the running of the kitchen.
- To keep up to date with the changing requirements of the Environmental Health Authority.
- To provide lunch for a handful of staff members.
- Keep records of menus, fridge temperature, hazard assessments and cleaning schedules.
- To provide a healthy balanced diet for all children, including those with special dietary requirements.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene practices and procedures.
- To order and purchase provisions within a set budget provided.
- Cleaning skills, including washing up and general kitchen cleaning routines.
- Previous catering experience, including cooking nutritious meals.
- Knowledge of food safety requirements, nutrition and allergens.
- 5.6 weeks of paid annual leave inclusive Bank Holidays per full calendar year.
- Minimum 20% discount on nursery fees but this is negotiable.
- Staff receive an additional week's holiday after 5 years' service.
- Other 'benefits' include free on-site parking and excellent public transport links.