|Job Title:||Nursery Cook|
|Salary:||£17290 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow Stevenage|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 10:19|
To manage all aspects of the nursery kitchen to the highest standards, in line with legislation requirements.
To plan, organise, cook and prepare a healthy balanced diet for all the children.
To ensure that all food hygiene procedures and kitchen duties follow the environmental health - safer food better business guidelines.
Engaging with the children for cooking and food activities.
• Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and appearance.
• Understand and comply with nursery policies and procedures.
• Order adequate supplies keeping to the agreed budget for the following weeks menu, taking delivery of goods, and ensuring that correct temperature is maintained; ensure that all foods are stored correctly complying with stock rotation.
• Co-ordinate the preparation and serving of breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks for all children; ensuring a varied and interesting diet is prepared for all children giving due regard to differing allergies, dietary requirements and cultural and religious needs
• To be aware of Special Dietary Needs - referring to food allergies, food intolerances, cultural and religious needs, vegetarian requirements and any other, according to the Special Dietary Needs form in the kitchen.
• Ensure all children with individual dietary requirements are catered for and their food is clearly labelled so the children are served the correct food at all times.
• To follow standard food hygiene procedures e.g. food temperature checks and monitoring (recording this daily) and infection/cross contamination control procedures.
• Ensure a high level of hygiene and cleanliness is observed at all times, following a rota which covers all kitchen appliances, utensils, work surfaces and cupboards
• Complete kitchen risk assessments and checks and the corresponding daily and weekly records and documentation.
• Have clear knowledge of procedures to be followed in case of emergency, completing and submitting relevant paperwork
• Ensure that all security systems are fully operational and access is denied to unauthorised personnel, bringing any problems to the attention of the manager/deputy
In conjunction with the Nursery manager to have specific responsibilities for Health and Safety within the nursery as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety manual
• Ensure that hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is of the highest standard in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation.
• To have sound knowledge of and adhere to Health and Safety legislation, fire regulations and all policies and procedures, providing appropriate induction, training and ongoing support to ensure compliance.
• To give cover staff appropriate training in the kitchen procedures to ensure high standards are maintained in your absence
• To keep up to date with any food related issues which may affect the catering industry, acting on these to ensure the nursery reflects current legislation and good practice guidance
• To attend and actively participate in performance reviews, supervisions, induction and training opportunities
Working Monday to Friday you will receive good benefits package you would expect from a strong business
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a full DBS check
If you are interested in this nursery Cook role based in Hitchin, then please apply today
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Nursery Cook - Chef
City of London, London
£22000.00 - £23000.00 per annum
Nursery Cook - Chef
Up to £11.0 per hour + Negotiable
£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
Chef Manager - Nailsea - BS48
£26000 - £28000 per annum
Chef de Partie - Boutique Restaurant - Woking
£22000.00 - £24000.00 per annum + Tips