You will be a motivated self-starter who relishes working as part of a team where high standards are expected and where excellence is acknowledged and rewarded. This person will understand the importance of health in a child's life and will endeavour to create menus with the Nursery Manager that are varied, seasonal child friendly and interesting while at the same time, ensuring individual dietary requirements and helping to maintain budgets
* Chef to work with the Nursery Manager in creating a well balanced healthy and fresh Organic menu catering for Children's individual needs
* Over see the day to day running of the Kitchen
* To prepare for the children 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks each day
* To adhere to and implement Building Blocks Policy and procedures at all times
* Ensure all health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to.
* To adhere to and implement The Safer food Better Business guidelines
* Ensure The Safer Foods Better Business records are accurate up to date and filed
* Cater for fund raising events/parents evenings or Tap events
* To place food orders through reputable companies
* Control storage and rotation of Kitchen stock
* Maintaining with in the allocated food budget
* Complete the daily menu board for the parents detailing the menu for that day
Upkeep and cleanliness of the Kitchen
* Maintain the highest levels of hygiene at all times
* Ensure areas of responsibility are well stocked and clearly labelled
* All areas of food responsibility have a clear stock rotation procedure in place
* Ensuring open and closing checks are carried out on a daily basis
* Keeping washing/ sterilising up to date and recorded
Ensuring Excellent Communication/ Relationships
* Behaving as an enthusiastic member of the team
* Taking guidance and direction from their managers in a professional and supportive fashion to promote the team spirit and quality within the Nursery
* Supporting our parents-as-partners policy by always being as informative, friendly and helpful as possible to parents.
* Taking part or leading health and nutrition sessions in the nursery
* To take the role seriously and perform it to the best of their abilities, following Nursery policy and procedure
* To wear provided uniform when on duty, to always be smart and presentable and keep the uniform well laundered.
* To keep up to date/ extend own knowledge and assess own practice. Enthusiastically engage in training opportunities including reading relevant materials through own initiative
* To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
* To respect the confidentiality of information received
* To fully participate in out of hours activities e.g. staff meetings, parents' evenings, fundraisers etc when requested by the Nursery Manager.
* To contribute to the excellence of the Nursery by offering ideas for improvements to systems and procedures.
* To under take any other tasks asked of you