- Job Reference: 00045588-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £30,000 to £34,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
We are looking for a qualified nurse to join our school and residential team working with disabled children who have a range of complex health needs. Ty Cwtch is a children’s home and short break provision linked to a School. We take a bespoke person-centred approach. The children/ young people we support have complex health needs and that’s where your nursing skills come in.
As part of our nursing team for our children and young people you’ll be putting together health care plans, Protocols, risk assessments and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team from the health authority and other outside agencies who support that individual. You will work closely with our in-house therapy team and school/ support staff to ensure a holistic approach is delivered. You’ll be administering medications, carrying out other nursing procedures and providing psychological support but you’ll also be key to enabling the young people to access the community by accompanying the children and young people to access the community and have fun with whatever they want to do. Your role will also entail training and educating support staff to deliver delegated clinical tasks.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
You are a superhero to all the young people we support, making a difference in their lives every day. You overcome daily challenges to achieve a safe, stimulating and supportive educational experience for all our students, supporting the next generation to reach their full potential and helping them to achieve their greatest goals and aspirations.
Is set within idyllic surroundings, with over 50-acres to explore which adds to the joy of working here.
The role of a Support Worker is a pivotal role. One that is at the forefront of delivering great enabling care and support to vulnerable people. Everyday will be different, and there will be challenges but the role will be rewarding.
We want to be the best, and this role is key in achieving this!
* To assist the Lead Nurse with the organisation of the Nursing Team at Craig Y Parc.
* To process the assessment and interpretation of information regarding children and young people health needs and take the appropriate actions.
* To provide skilled nursing care and undertake clinical procedures as required. For example, catheterisation, naso-gastric tubes, oxygen therapy and suction, management of PEG and tracheostomy.
* To ensure the wellbeing of children and young people within the service.
* To ensure safe and effective practice by adhering to statutory guidance for practice requirements and standards.
* To ensure the promotion of evidence-based practice by reviewing and monitoring standards of care in line with local and national guidance.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker - you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
* COVID-19 Vaccination
* Key Worker status
* Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
* Wagestream - our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
* Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
* Internal progression opportunities - We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
* Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
* Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
* Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Due to the nature of our business the COVID 19 Vaccination is mandatory