- Job Reference: 00027580-1
- Date Posted: 17 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £16.22 to £20.44 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Brighton College is seeking to appoint multiple Nurses. We have a range of bank, on-call and permanent opportunities available. Please refer to the Candidate Brief for more information.
The Brighton College Health Centre is a busy, friendly and caring place to work. We look after day pupils, weekly boarding pupils and overseas full boarders. We have capacity to look after 7 unwell boarding pupils during the day and overnight, in the main Health Centre area.
During the Covid-19 crisis, it has been essential to plan for the new term, with a new Covid-19 Suite, situated above our existing Health Centre. Therefore, we require nursing staff to professionally and safely look after pupils with symptoms of Covid-19, using all infection Control guidelines, as well as our continued care for all other pupils, staff and guests to the College.
During the week, over the school day, we also look after the younger pupils at the Pre-Prep & Prep schools, with small satellite Treatment Rooms on both sites, to treat minor sporting or playground injuries.
Nurses will be expected to look after: the physical, emotional and psychological care of the pupils; sporting injuries, during the weekdays and weekends; homesickness for the boarding community; as well as anxiety and stress related issues for all pupils.
We are looking for experienced nurses who have some work experience in emergency care, practice nursing, minor injuries or school nursing. We would also welcome applicants from other areas of the nursing field.
Nurse positions on offer
Permanent night shift
Sunday & Monday night with 2/4 Saturday night shifts
Job share opportunities available
£17.44 per hour
Bank on-site weekend shifts
8.00am-2.30pm or 2.15pm-9.00pm
£16.22 per hour
Looking after non-Covid pupils
Bank on-call weekend shifts
8.00am-2.30pm, 2.15pm-9.00pm or
£16.22 per hour
£50 per shift standard on-call payment, with double normal hourly rate if called out, for number of hours worked
Looking after potential Covid pupils
The successful candidate must be located within 30 minutes of the College
Two weekday afternoon shifts
Tuesday & Friday
£20.44 per hour
Bank Saturday night shift
£17.44 per hour
Benefits of become a Nurse at Brighton College include:
- Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool
- Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
- Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
- Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
- Well-being programme including: healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and English Language classes
- Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme
Holidays: The rates of pay shown incorporate you holiday entitlement of 20 days plus 8 days bank holiday pro-rata
Closing Date: midday on Friday 20th November.
If you feel you have what it takes to become one of our Nurses then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS