- Job Reference: 00044174-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
- Salary: £14.89 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
We are recruiting for a full time day nurse and a full time night nurse to join our friendly team in West Bromwich, who can demonstrate a reliable and flexible approach to people with learning disabilities. The home provides support for 8 service users with learning disabilities.
To assist in managing and co-ordinating the service and in delivering high quality care to the people who live in CareTech Nursing Homes for People with Learning Disabilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To function as care co-ordinator for named clients and to assist in ensuring individuals’ needs are addressed pro-actively through sound care planning including meeting clinical needs.
* Working in accordance with UKCC code of Professional Practice and scope of Professional Practice.
* To promote the principles of social role valorisation.
* To encourage effective working relationships within the house and with the multi-disciplinary team approach to promote a high quality service.
* To promote a therapeutic environment in line with the principles of ordinary living.
* To assist in the management of a defined staff team including the supervision of staff, including the leading of shifts on a day-to-day basis.
* To promote and maintain effective communication systems.
* To undertake other duties within the framework of the post and commensurate with the grade.
* Assess all aspects of Client care needs and provide health supervision and direct Nursing care when required.
The successful candidate will have:
* Must be R.N.M.H., RN(LD) 1, or RNM/RGN (with experience of working with this client group).
* The ability to keep calm under pressure
* Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills
* The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
* The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
* Induction programme
* Dedicated learning and development programmes
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
* Free DBS check
* Refer a friend scheme’ reward system - earn up to £250 per referral
* Pension scheme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening
* Employee recognition schemes
* Company Share Save Scheme
* CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK.
Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach.
You may be aware of new regulations which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021