|Salary||£37,995.97 per annum||Sector||Health & Medical|
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Nurse Team Leader (Primary Care) to provide leadership and management to the nursing team to ensure provision of high standard of patient care.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays),pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, childcare voucher scheme, free meals on duty and free on-site parking
Salary £37,995.97 per annum
The role will require working a variation of shifts that average 37.5 hours per weekMain responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management to the nursing team to ensure provision of high standard of patient care
- Act as a role model and support members of the nursing team to undertake mandatory and statutory training requirements
- Manage clinical staff appraisals
- Prioritise own and other’s workload and ensure effective time management strategies are embedded within the culture of the team
- Participate in management meetings, responding to actions and disseminating to the clinical teams when required
- Provide visibility to both staff and patients across the prison working as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Ensure nursing procedures are carried out in accordance with national recommended policies and the Sodexo policies and procedures including taking appropriate actions in emergency situations
- Responsible for setting, monitoring and maintaining high standards of care in your area of responsibility (in conjunction with other team leaders)
- Accountable for clinical service delivery, managing the nursing resources working closely with the Clinical Nurse Managers and Head of Healthcare to deliver safe and effective practice
- Prioritise daily tasks and intervene appropriately to assist when patients are in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Experience in managing complex cases
- Valid NMC registration (Adult Nursing)
- Proven leadership skills and managing a team
- Previous experience as a registered adult nurse
- Commitment and evidence of delivering high quality services
- Knowledge of the expectations of CQC and HMIP
- Proven change management skills
- Experience of working in a custodial environment.
- Mentorship Qualification or working towards
- Non-Medical Prescriber
- Management Qualification
- Required to observe local Health and Safety arrangements and take reasonable care of him/her and persons that may be affected by his/her work ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.