Non-Executive Board Member
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Board Member|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum + Voluntary Role|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Soderlund|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2019 16:48|
Acorn Executive Search is working in strategic partnership with the North Wales Housing Association in the recruitment of voluntary NED Board Members.
North Wales Housing today is a successful social enterprise providing homes and delivering services to over 2,600 households across North Wales.
North Wales Housing is led by a Group Board, supported by a Landlord Services Committee, Audit and Risk Committee and a Remuneration and Membership Committee.
North Wales Housing are seeking someone living in Wales and preferably a Welsh speaker.
Role of the Board Members of North Wales Housing
The North Wales Housing's Board's role is to:
· To set the long term strategic direction of North Wales Housing (NWH) and oversee the development and delivery of its strategic objectives; and to move the Group forward towards those objectives.
· To ensure that the board fulfils its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the organisation including compliance and monitoring risk.
· To ensure an effective business plan and budget is in place.
· To ensure that performance is monitored and managed through internal controls and delegation.
* To approve key policies to allow the organisation to achieve its objectives.
Board Member (Audit and Risk)
North Wales Housing is looking for knowledge and experience that complements those of the existing Committee members and is specifically relevant to the role of Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee. Experience of the following would be particularly welcome:
· Risk management
· Experience of Board level working in the public and / or private sectors;
* Experience of providing constructive challenge leading to clear, balanced advice and guidance in matters of risk, control and governance
* Recent and relevant financial experience
* An understanding of the role and relevance of audit, either internal or external
* Knowledge of the regulatory environment for housing associations
* An understanding of Financial Reporting Standards (FRS)
Skills and experience required:
* Strategic awareness and the ability to see the big picture
* Ability to effectively network on behalf of NWH and act as an ambassador
* Understand how to maximise the opportunities in our environment
* A sound understanding of risk and financial management
* IT literate
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Of leading in a similar organisation at the highest level to deliver objectives
* Ideally someone with housing association leadership experience
* Governance and board membership experience at a senior level within an organisation with a multi-million pound turnover
* Senior level experience in merger or acquisition to guide decision making
Terms of Office:
Appointments to the Board are for an initial term of 3 years.
The position is voluntary and all reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be paid.
Noon on 29 March 2019, Interview dates TBC
For the full recruitment pack, please see the linked document.
To apply for this role you will also need to fill in the application form (included in the recruitment pack) and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Residential Sales Consultant
£20000 per annum, Benefits: BMW
Property Marketing Consultant
£18000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Car
Property Marketing Consultant
£18000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: BMW / Car allowance
£22000 - £27000 per annum, Benefits: BMW / Car Allowance
£18000 - £27000 per annum, Benefits: BMW / Car Allowance