NHS Hospital Porter
- Job Reference: 00029388-1
- Date Posted: 30 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Saltaire
- Salary: £9.05 to £16.74 Per Hour
- Sector: Catering and Hospitality, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
During these difficult times when the health service is being stretched more than ever before, Taskmaster Resources, a long term partner of the NHS are calling for your help.
As a contracted, vetted supplier of non-clinical, temporary staff to the NHS we have huge volumes of vacancies that require good, hard-working, committed, fit & healthy, flexible individuals who have good attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
The role of a NHS hospital porter involves:
As with any role at present these duties are subject to change and we require all applicants to have a fluid and flexible approach if successful.
* Safely and carefully moving patients around site, being a pleasant, yet professional face at all times
* Be constantly mindful of health & safety, infection control, hygiene and cleanliness
* Moving equipment quickly and efficiently around the site
* You will need to be flexible in relation to hours, with all successful applicants working early, late and night shifts on a rota basis.
* Cleaning and domestic duties as required
* You will need to listen and follow out all instructions from your supervisors accurately, diligently and efficiently
* Team work, hard work and being safe at all times are essential to this role
* TAKING EVERY PRECAUTION TO BE HYGIENIC AT ALL TIMES WHILST AT WORK AND AT HOME SO AS NOT TO SPREAD CORONAVIRUS
Though every effort shall be made by the NHS to reduce the health risks to you, you shall be working in a hospital environment where coronavirus shall be prevalent - THIS IS A FRONT LINE ROLE. All correct procedure and protocol shall be followed & the correct PPE provided
To apply ALL APPLICANTS MUST submit a CV and be able to provide the following documentation when requested;
* Current Passport OR UK Birth certificate
* Proof of NI (any of the following: P45, P60 or any formal HMRC letter with the number on it, or letter from job centre).
* Proof of your own bank account that you want to be paid into
* Driving licence (Photo card, must be valid) - provisional accepted - If you don't have this you will need to be able to provide 2 instead of 1 of the following proofs of address.
* Proof of Address. This can be any of the following: tenancy agreement, council tax bill, bank statement, any utility bills, HMRC tax code notification, landline phone bill, multimedia package bill. Mobile phone bills are NOT accepted. ALL proofs of address must be dated in the last 12 weeks (apart from a council tax bill, which must be dated within the last 12 months).
Please apply ASAP, your NHS needs you