Neuro Rehab Support Worker - Days, Nights and Bank
- Job Reference: 00045595-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Ditchingham, Norfolk
- Salary: £9.18 to £9.30 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
All Hallows Neuro Rehabilitation Centre is set in an acre of grounds on the Norfolk/ Suffolk boarder offering 29 placements for male and female adults who require nursing care, personal care and rehabilitation programs because of their long-term neurological conditions including acquired brain injury. Multi-disciplinary team so you will work alongside speech and language, physio, occupational therapist clinical psychologist.
Long days and short shifts offered. Full and part time positions.
We offer support to complete:
* Level 3 in Healthcare Support Worker Acquired Brain Injury
* Level 3 in Lead Adult Care
Rehab Support Worker – Days, Nights and Bank available
To work as a member of our Multidisciplinary Care Team in maintaining and delivering a high standard of holistic resident, care 24 hours a day. They will implement and effectively assist in the day-to-day running of all prescribed resident care packages and assist in meeting all basic care needs.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH and other Government Legislation.
· Assist qualified staff in care delivery as directed.
· Monitoring and ensuring appropriate use of all stocks and supplies.
· Ensuring the fabric, general cleanliness and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
· Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
· Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
· Assist in the maintenance of unit cleaning on a daily basis where required and act in covering the unit support services staff (cleaners) when absent from unit.
· Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
· Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
· To act at all times in a professional manner, as an ambassador of excellence for The Oakleaf Group.
· Work with the Multidisciplinary team in maintaining the CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
· To be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all residents, visitors and staff.
· To maintain flexibility in working in order to deliver all residents’ care packages and in meeting their needs.
· Keep accurate and up-to-date residents information, recordings and general records.
· Maintain all unit specific logs and records.
· Assist in the assessment and care planning for residents.
· Maintain own personal information and records.
· Record untoward accidents, incidents and events for residents, colleagues and self.
· Be up to date and aware of all residents Care plans, Care needs and Risk assessments.
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policy and procedures.
· Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team.
· Assist in daily handovers of information.
· Assist in discussions and meetings in relation to residents and the team.
· Communicate to families, relatives and other professionals as directed.
· Responsible for reporting any perceived concerns relating to residents’ physical or mental health to qualified staff.
· Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection in line with unit and policy.
· To take direction from senior community support workers with qualified professionals.
· Attend regular scheduled team meetings.
· Report/action any maintenance repairs and/or risks.
· Act on and report any cleaning issues or poor standards.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer - Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. Caretech will meet the disclosure expense.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021