|Salary||£22440 per annum||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service, Engineering|
This is an exciting and varied customer facing role where day to day you will be resolving customer network challenges with minimal disruption to customer supply.
You will be meeting and helping different people every day, working on a variety of projects ensuring that the best service is given to our customers.
Day to day responsibilities include taking personal ownership of customer queries and responding to and resolving issues at their homes or places of work. Working with contractors to do planned and unplanned work and investigating clean water networks to resolve poor performance including high or low pressure, leakage, metering queries and loss of supply. You will also help control burst mains ensuring isolation to facilitate planned work, emergency repairs and maintenance.
You will receive a comprehensive training plan, so no experience needed, just the desire to learn and excellent customer service skills.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do so previous customer service experience within a constantly changing environment is essential.
- Excellent customer service experience
- A can do and positive attitude
- Great at completing tasks to the best of your ability
- Working independently where needed
- Excellent time management
- Solutions focussed attitude
- Basic knowledge of domestic plumbing or water mains and leakage would be advantageous but not essential as full training is provided
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary package
- A work van with all tools provided
- An excellent contributory pension
- 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service
- An annual pay review
- Season ticket loans
- Voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets
- Loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more
- Being part of a team that makes a difference every day for our customers
- An extensive training programme
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.