|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Salary:||£27500 - £32890 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-31 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 10:25|
Supporting our customers and protecting the environment. You will be overseeing our contractors and ensuring they are working safely and efficiently. Working alongside them to resolve defects on our sewer network.
The day-to-day operation of the waste network including resolution of sewer collapses, blockages, flooding to customers’ homes and pollution to watercourses.
Taking personal ownership of customer issues i.e. responding to queries, complaints and resolving issues.
Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards during repairs.
Acting as local network expert providing information for risk assessments and sharing information regarding network risks and other health and safety issues.
Attending meetings with customers, councils and the Environment Agency to discuss how best our business can support them.
Providing critical on site information to support the wider Operations team.
Supervising contractors to ensure that they are working safely and adhering to company policies & procedures.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- As you will be spending your time dealing with customers and contractors, you need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- There is a need to be self-motivated with a passion for problem solving and making a difference.
- Basic IT skills are preferable but not essential.
- Clean manual driving licence.
- Previous or current experience working in the wastewater industry would be excellent but not essential.
- A strong emphasis on and passion for great customer service.
- It is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work and work effectively should an event occur in the field. This also involves working on standby every six weeks.
- This role provides an interesting working environment as no one day or one job is the same.
- You will be required to liaise with the environment agency, councils and customers.
- This role will suit someone who is self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills and enjoys the responsibility of making quick accurate assessments and decisions whilst on site.
- You will form part of an extremely supportive and trusting team.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's