NEC Project Manager (Highways)
- Job Reference: 00023477-1
- Date Posted: 16 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £40,000 to £55,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work within a large multidisciplinary consultancy who are involved in exciting local and international projects?
With several offices in the UK the company offers a professional and technical service. Working with in both the public and private sector, the organisation design, build and enhance their infrastructure and property assets. The company combine expertise to achieve more from the entire built environment.
The team are currently looking for an NEC Project Manager to join the infrastructure team in Cardiff.The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation for NEC3 & NEC4 term service contracts. A significant part of the role will be the day-to-day management of complex projects through the issuing of task orders.
The team would like to hear from you if you have the following skills and abilities:
• Substantial experience in highway works.
• NEC3 and/or NEC4 Project Manager and/or Term Service Manager accreditation.
• Substantial experience in a NEC project manager / term service manager role.
• Incorporated or chartered membership of an appropriate institution.
• Experience of using contract management software such as CEMAR.
• Project management based qualification such as PRINCE2.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation including The Construction
Main responsibilities of the role:
The NEC Project Manager is responsible for
• Day-to-day operation for NEC3 and NEC4 Term Service Contracts, encompassing all aspects.
• Day-to-day management of complex projects through the issuing of task orders.
• Leading and be a champion for promoting and encouraging all members of the team to work in a spirit of mutual trust and collaboration.
• Ensuring the issuing of all communications in a form that can be read, copied and recorded and the issuing of responses within the period for reply.
• Applying appropriate project management standards for delivery of the project and ensure reporting via agreed lines on project progress through highlight reports.
• Liaising with and ensuring co-ordination between clients, principal designers, designers, principal contractors, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Ensuing efficient and effective communications on project progress and complaint resolution with customers through the council’s corporate communications team.
• Monitoring for compliance of contract requirements and key performance indication.
What you will get in return:
Career development and support
Company pension scheme
One relevant subscription paid for
Cycle to work scheme
Discounted retail vouchers
Various private insurance scheme
Childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle
If you have the skills and feel this job suits your career ambitions, please get in touch. We are expecting a high volume of applications for this role so would advise to apply ASAP.
“The company offers a operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership”
Statement regarding Covid-19 from the company.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working in offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all office locations that are open to protect the colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of people is of paramount importance to us, and we are doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time