We currently have an opportunity for a Multi Trained Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
£12.06 per hour in training period approx. 12 months
£15.74 per hour plus travel allowance (Dependent Upon Location)
Full Uniform Provided
- To assist in the day-to-day operation of the Warehouse ensuring all aspects of store keeping and Tool Store operation are conducted safely and in a timely manner. Carrying out daily activities as instructed by the Warehouse Supervisor, including but not limited to, inventory control, receipting, locating, work packing, counting & issuing form Warehouse and Tool Store.
- Basic tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Take reasonable care of both your own health & safety and that of others, ensuring all company safety & quality systems are followed at all times and report any incidents or suggestions to your line manager.
- To work as part of the larger warehouse team to provide faultless customer service, excellent general housekeeping and a collaborative team environment.
- Picking customer orders
- Loading & unloading of vehicles
- Dispatching goods for repair/overhaul
- Carrying out audit of inventory
- Internal and external issues from stock, including the timely picking of material reservations for collection updating the SAP Staging Tool for all applicable transactions.
- Unpacking, checking, posting and locating of receipts, including raising of Purchase Order discrepancies in a timely manner and in accordance with P66 procedures.
- Operate the Kardex storage media, locating, withdrawing etc. Be able to resolve issues with faults and maintenance of stock records within the Kardex software.
- Operate the specialist handling equipment that is used within the warehouse including; Counterbalance, Aisle-master Reach Truck & Rough Terrain Forklifts.
- Responsible for all materials requiring quality inspection ensuring 100% compliance of P66 procedure.
- Process all Work Pack requests in accordance with current policy or as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor. Ensure that these are correctly located, staged and accounted for.
- Unloading of delivery vehicles, including chemicals at the chemicals storage yard and oils & lubricants at their respective storage area.
- Arranging transportation for tools and materials requiring onward shipment form the Refinery as and when required.
- Ensure that all area are maintained to an excellent standard of housekeeping, making sure that all items are labeled and stored in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensuring all items received in the Warehouse are accounted for and signed out by the collecting party.
- Maintaining the customer issuing hatch at all times during the normal working day, responding to customers in a timely & professional manner.
- Processing Goods Receipt documentation received from procurement and off site customers as required ensuring relevant paperwork is in place.
- Maintaining all documentation such as test certification where applicable for both tools and materials.
- Restocking of the various vending machines around site as and when directed by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Issuing and receiving of tools, using the Tool Hound software, ensuring that the requester has the correct permission to receive the item and has the correct documentation.
- Replenishing of tool store items as and when required, using SAP
- Liaising with third parties, in the repair and overhaul of tool store items
- Filling the lubricators with oil to ensure tools are fit for service.
- Responsible for ensuring bicycles are sent away for repair/service and that the records are maintained.
- Resolve any iPay discrepancies in SAP
- Carry out Audit/Stocktaking of all materials as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Customer focused exemplary work ethic and attitude
- Excellent SAP knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge of materials, metallurgy, equipment and components
- Understanding of stock preservation
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Be able to balance long/short term priorities
- Flexibility – responsive to changing needs
- Able to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Innovative & responsive
- Computer literate, experienced in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word etc
- Full Driving License
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.