|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
The Multi-skilled Tradesperson is responsible for improving and maintaining standards throughout the Cromwell estate by identifying works needing to be completed and doing so with priority, cost and safety at the forefront. Having expertise and experience in varying skillsets, day-to-day issues and reoccurring problems should be resolved in a timely manner.
This is an exciting role for a Multi-skilled Tradesperson to join a growing and progressive company. You will thrive on providing a service that is not only good for the estate but with the customer always in mind.
- Basic Plumbing
- Bathroom & Kitchen Fitting
- Lock Changes
- General Door Maintenance
- Basic Carpentry
- Painting & Decorating
- Plastering or a minimum of Patching
- Tiling (Sinks, Splash backs etc.)
- Basic Surveying
The Ideal Person:
- A recognised apprenticeship in a relevant discipline (Preferable)
- Any Facilities or Maintenance equivalents
- A background of working within a facilities organisation (desirable)
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise workload
- Great communication skills with ability to communicate at the same level of understanding
- Organised and able to carry out administration tasks
- Works well under pressure when reacting to issues
- “Can Do Attitude” using initiative to provide a great service
- House building or related industry experience
What you'll get in return
The chance to join a multinational organisation with ambitious growth plans and one where team members truly matter. Our people focus includes engagement, development opportunities and career path, diversity and the ability to influence.
As one of our employees, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a variety of benefits, including 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), free car parking, defined contribution pension scheme and employee discounts on products and retailers.
About the organisation
Cromwell is a subsidiary of W.W. Grainger, a U.S. Fortune 500 industrial supplies business.
A leading industrial consumables distributor and supplier of products used to maintain, repair and operate facilities. We have built an impressive reputation and we are proud of our heritage, and the development of the business since our first branch opened in 1970
Operating from our Head Office and Global Distribution Centre based in Leicester, we continue to grow our operations and currently have 1800 colleagues with UK and International branches.
Our extensive industrial supplies product range includes hand tools, cutting tools, precision tools, power tools, abrasives, measuring equipment, PPE, stationery and office supplies.
We pride ourselves on our understanding of the needs of industry and we are a supplies partner to a wide portfolio of markets and industry sectors, including engineering, transport, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, food production, fabrication, education, oil & gas and utilities.