|Location||Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£28,356 per annum + van + fuel||Sector||Building & Construction|
We're looking for skilled tradespeople experienced in carpentry, plumbing, plastering and/or tiling to join our trades team in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis. We require engineers to cover areas such as Cheltenham, Swindon, the Cotswolds or the Forest of Dean, depending o where you live. So applicants must live in a suitable location to effectively cover one of these areas of work.
As a vital member of the team you will take pride in the repairs and maintenance of our domestic properties, and be able to demonstrate a wide range of trade skills in addition to a primary trade. We have opportunities available in both our responsive day-to-day repairs service and our empty homes/voids team.
We want someone who:
- Is a genuine all-rounder, with strong practical skills and first-hand knowledge of plumbing, carpentry and plastering trades
- Has plenty of flexibility, as well as a proven ability to diagnose, undertake and complete repairs to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction
- Is seen as a people person with excellent customer service skills
- Feels comfortable working within a social housing environment
- Has an outstanding work ethic and the drive to complete work to an excellent standard without close supervision.
You’ll need to have a full, clean driving licence, willing to work 40 hours per week and be prepared to join an on-call rota which is paid at a set £500 per on-call week; during this week you would work to adjusted hours on a rota basis.
We can offer you:
- A job purpose vehicle + fuel
- A pension with life assurance
- Generous holidays starting at 27 days every year + additional days for bank holidays
- £500 per year to spend on a range of flexible benefits such as gym membership and dental care.
To see the full list of benefits follow this link.
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th June with interviews scheduled for w/c 24th June.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Not the right role for you? See our full list of vacancies here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CVs will be treated as a direct application.